Astros' Yordan Alvarez (knees) could return Wednesday
Houston Astros left fielder Yordan Alvarez (knees) could return to action Wednesday.
Astros manager Dusty Baker was hopeful that the left fielder would be able to return early this week. There hasn't appeared to be much concern from the Astros organization regarding Alvarez's health, but a return this week should assuage any fears that he would miss the season opener.
numberFire projects Alvarez with a 0.285 batting average, with 38 home runs, 90 runs, 105 RBI and 1 stolen base.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Astros' Yordan Alvarez (knees) could return Wednesday March 9th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander shut down with lat strain March 9th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander dealing with triceps soreness March 8th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander to play on Tuesday February 27th, 2020
- Astros' Lance McCullers (elbow) making spring debut this weekend February 27th, 2020