Cardinals' Paul Goldschmidt sidelined with elbow issue
St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Paul Goldschmidt is again suffering from elbow soreness and has been shut down for at least a couple of days.
Goldschmidt was bothered by the same issue earlier in training camp. Rangel Ravelo or Matt Carpenter could wind up being the Cardinals' starting first baseman on Opening Day.
numberFire's models currently project Goldschmidt to bat .265 in 2020 with 29 home runs, 90 RBI, and 90 runs.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Cardinals' Paul Goldschmidt sidelined with elbow issue March 11th, 2020
- Paul Goldschmidt (elbow) on first Wednesday for Cardinals February 26th, 2020
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas (forearm) shut down 3-4 weeks February 18th, 2020
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas (forearm) day-to-day after 'minor setback' February 15th, 2020
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk (ankle) unlikely to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2019