Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent'
Texas Rangers utility-man Willie Calhoun (jaw) participated in machine batting practice after fully recovering from a fractured jaw suffered in March.
Calhoun is thankfully healthy after suffering a scary injury from a hit-by-pitch during a March Cactus League game. “Health-wise I’m in a really good place right now," said the 25-year old when asked about his current status. "I’m back up to 100 percent. I’ve gained back some of the weight that I lost. Other than that I’m pretty good.”
Expect Calhoun to play everyday in left field against starting right-handers whenever the MLB regular season is ready to begin. numberFire's season-long projection for Calhoun includes a .268 average with 24 home runs and 71 RBI in 524 total plate appearances.
- Red Sox closing in on deal for Zack Godley July 14th, 2020
- Mets' Jacob deGrom (back) exits intrasquad scrimmage after first inning July 14th, 2020
- Mariners' Yoshihisa Hirano (undisclosed) placed on 10-day injured list July 14th, 2020
- Orioles' Anthony Santander (undisclosed) makes summer debut July 14th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock reports to training camp July 14th, 2020
- Royals' Salvador Perez (COVID-19) activated from 10-day injured list July 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (hip) undergoing MRI July 14th, 2020
- Rangers pull Willie Calhoun (hip flexor) from Monday intrasquad game July 13th, 2020
- Imaging on Rangers' Robinson Chirinos come back negative July 13th, 2020
- Rangers' Joey Gallo (COVID-19) cleared to work out July 10th, 2020
- Rangers' Corey Kluber throws 80 pitches in Thursday's intrasquad game July 9th, 2020
- Ronald Guzman (undisclosed) joins Rangers July 8th, 2020