Athletics add Tyler Soderstrom to 60-man pool
The Oakland Athletics have added catcher Tyler Soderstrom to their 60-man player pool for the upcoming season.
The 18-year-old 2020 first-round pick will be one of the youngest players in the league. He's a longshot for playing time on a loaded A's roster, but no one knows for certain how things will shake out this year.
The A's have famously leaned towards collegiate players with their early-round picks, which shows just how highly they value Soderstrom's skill set fresh out of high school. He'll vie for time behind Sean Murphy and Austin Allen this season.
- Miguel Sano (COVID-19) rejoining Twins workouts July 15th, 2020
- Johnny Cueto gets Giants' call for opener July 15th, 2020
- Miguel Rojas jams pinkie, wrist in Marlins scrimmage July 15th, 2020
- Padres: Juan Lagares elects free agency July 15th, 2020
- Jose Peraza set to be Boston's full-time second baseman July 15th, 2020
- Tigers' JaCoby Jones (oblique) scratched from Wednesday intrasquad game July 15th, 2020
- Athletics: Jesus Luzardo (COVID-19) anxious to return July 13th, 2020
- Athletics' Chris Bassitt targeting 5-6 innings July 8th, 2020
- Mike Fiers present for Athletics July 7th, 2020
- Athletics' Jesus Luzardo reportedly has COVID-19 July 7th, 2020
- Athletics reportedly dealing with test delays July 6th, 2020
- Mets' Jed Lowrie feels "good" but unwilling to elaborate on leg injury July 5th, 2020