A's A.J. Puk (shoulder) to be out for "quite a while"
Oakland Athletics' pitcher A.J. Puk is expected to be out for "quite a while" according to A's manager Bob Melvin.
Puk was placed on the 10-day injured list on Monday due to his shoulder. He received a cortisone shot on Tuesday and will now rest for 48 hours before taking the next step in his road to recovery. An exact timeline for his return hasn't been given beyond Bob Melvin stating that he expects him to be out for "quite a while".
Prior to this announcement, numberFire's models expected Puk to record a 4.04 ERA and 1.45 WHIP with 56 strikeouts and 24 walks over 51 1/3 innings this season.
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski (hamstring) scratched on Wednesday, Thairo Estrada to start against Diamondbacks August 4th, 2021
- Brandon Crawford batting fifth in Giants' Wednesday lineup August 4th, 2021
- Diamondbacks' Josh VanMeter scratched on Wednesday, Jake Hager to start against Giants August 4th, 2021
- Wilmer Flores heads to Giants' bench on Wednesday August 4th, 2021
- Tommy La Stella (hamstring) operating third base for Giants on Wednesday August 4th, 2021
- Buster Posey handling catching duties for Giants on Wednesday August 4th, 2021
- Yan Gomes on bench for Athletics' matinee Wednesday August 4th, 2021
- Ramon Laureano cleaning up for Oakland against Padres August 4th, 2021
- Josh Harrison playing second base for A's Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Tony Kemp sitting Sunday for Athletics August 1st, 2021
- Sean Murphy sitting Sunday for Oakland August 1st, 2021
- Athletics' Yan Gomes catching Sunday August 1st, 2021