Houston's Justin Verlander to undergo Tommy John surgery
Houston Astros pitcher Justin Verlander announced on his Instagram on Saturday that he will undergo Tommy John surgery.
Verlander was working his way back after being shut down nearly two months ago but suffered a set back during Wednesday's simulated game. The 37-year-old will miss the rest of the season and potentially time beyond that.
Verlander will finish the 2020 season with a 3.00 ERA, 0.67 WHIP, 7 strikeouts, and 1 walk in 6 innings pitched.
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski (hamstring) scratched on Wednesday, Thairo Estrada to start against Diamondbacks August 4th, 2021
- Brandon Crawford batting fifth in Giants' Wednesday lineup August 4th, 2021
- Diamondbacks' Josh VanMeter scratched on Wednesday, Jake Hager to start against Giants August 4th, 2021
- Wilmer Flores heads to Giants' bench on Wednesday August 4th, 2021
- Tommy La Stella (hamstring) operating third base for Giants on Wednesday August 4th, 2021
- Buster Posey handling catching duties for Giants on Wednesday August 4th, 2021
- Houston's Jason Castro catching on Wednesday night August 4th, 2021
- Yuli Gurriel (neck) scratched from Astros' Tuesday lineup; Robel Garcia enters August 3rd, 2021
- Chas McCormick sitting for Astros on Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Yordan Alvarez back in Astros' lineup Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Houston's Yordan Alvarez sitting on Saturday July 31st, 2021
- Chas McCormick in center field for Astros on Saturday afternoon July 31st, 2021