Pirates sign Eric O'Flaherty to minor league deal
The Pittsburgh Pirates signed lefty reliever Eric O'Flaherty to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.
O'Flaherty struggled in 2015, posting a 8.10 ERA over 30 innings with the Oakland Athletics and New York Mets while battling left shoulder issues. He's been an effective reliever in previous seasons, and the Pirates have an impressive track record of resurrecting pitchers, so it's a great landing spot for the veteran 31-year-old.
Although still a high total, O'Flaherty's xFIP of 4.82 in 2015 was significantly lower than his ERA, and he owns a 3.90 xFIP for his career. He's never been a big strikeout guy -- his career strikeout percentage is 17.8, below the league average of 20.4 percent -- but lefties have posted just a .251 wOBA against him for his career.
- Carson Kelly sitting for Diamondbacks against Reds April 21st, 2021
- Reds' Tucker Barnhart on bench Wednesday April 21st, 2021
- Yandy Diaz starting on Wednesday for Tampa Bay April 21st, 2021
- Mike Zunino sitting for Rays on Wednesday April 21st, 2021
- Jake Marisnick in Cubs' Wednesday lineup April 21st, 2021
- Brett Phillips starting on Sunday for Tampa Bay April 21st, 2021
- Ozzie Albies (calf) back in Braves' lineup on Tuesday April 20th, 2021
- Ronald Acuna Jr. (abdominal) not in Braves' Tuesday lineup April 20th, 2021
- Pablo Sandoval starting for Braves on Tuesday April 20th, 2021
- Atlanta's Ender Inciarte (hamstring) placed on 10-day injured list April 17th, 2021
- Ozzie Albies (calf) out of Atlanta's Saturday lineup against Cubs April 17th, 2021
- Guillermo Heredia in center field for Atlanta on Saturday April 17th, 2021