Austin Barnes behind Dodgers' bag on Opening Day
Los Angeles Dodgers catcher Austin Barnes will start on Opening Day Thursday afternoon against right-hander German Marquez and the Colorado Rockies.
Barnes will make the start over Will Smith and bat eighth. The two catchers will likely form a timeshare between the plate this year. Here is the Dodgers' full Opening Day lineup: Mookie Betts RF, Corey Seager SS, Justin Turner 3B, Cody Bellinger CF, Max Muncy 1B, Chris Taylor LF, Gavin Lux 2B, Barnes C, Clayton Kershaw SP.
numberFire’s models project Barnes for 7.4 FanDuel points versus the Rockies and he has a salary of $2,500 on Opening Day. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Dodgers have the highest implied total (6.7 runs) out of the 26 teams playing Thursday. The over/under in the Rockies-Dodgers game (11.5 runs) is at least three runs higher than any other total on the slate.
- Orioles starting Austin Wynns at catcher on Saturday June 19th, 2021
- D.J Stewart hitting sixth for Orioles on Saturday afternoon June 19th, 2021
- Baltimore's Austin Hays sitting on Saturday June 19th, 2021
- Toronto's Reese McGuire catching on Saturday June 19th, 2021
- Jared Hoying in left field for Blue Jays on Saturday June 19th, 2021
- Ben Gamel hitting sixth for Pittsburgh on Saturday afternoon June 19th, 2021
- Zach McKinstry not in Dodgers' lineup on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Dodgers' Justin Turner batting third on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Matt Beaty not in Dodgers' lineup on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Will Smith catching for Dodgers on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Albert Pujols batting fourth for Dodgers on Friday June 18th, 2021
- A.J. Pollock hitting fifth for Dodgers on Wednesday June 16th, 2021