Willson Contreras behind Cubs' plate Friday
Chicago Cubs catcher Willson Contreras is in the starting lineup for Friday afternoon's series opener against right-hander Johan Oviedo and the St. Louis Cardinals.
Contreras will catch Kohl Stewart and hit fifth while replacing P.J. Higgins behind the plate. The Cubs placed Higgins on the injured list with a strained right forearm and purchased the contract of Jose Lobaton in a corresponding roster move.
numberFire’s models project Contreras for 12.1 FanDuel points and he has a $2,700 salary on Friday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Cubs have an implied total of 4.8 runs on Friday. Oviedo has the fifth-lowest strikeout percentage (18.2) and worst walk percentage (15.5) among Friday's listed starters.
- Kevin Plawecki sitting Thursday for Boston July 29th, 2021
- Blue Jays' Lourdes Gurriel (elbow) out of lineup Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Jonathan Schoop (back) starting Thursday for Detroit July 29th, 2021
- Rafael Devers (quad) out of Red Sox's lineup Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Ryan Mountcastle resting for Orioles versus Tigers July 29th, 2021
- Pirates' John Nogowski sitting Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Anthony Rizzo resting Thursday afternoon for Cubs July 29th, 2021
- Kris Bryant on Cubs' bench Thursday afternoon July 29th, 2021
- Javier Baez (heel) back in Cubs' lineup Thursday afternoon July 29th, 2021
- Willson Contreras catching for Cubs' matinee Thursday July 29th, 2021
- David Bote not in Cubs' Wednesday lineup July 28th, 2021
- Matthew Duffy batting fifth for Cubs on Wednesday July 28th, 2021