Yankees' Luke Voit (oblique) begins rehab assignment
New York Yankees first baseman Luke Voit (oblique) has begun his rehab assignment.
Voit went 1-for-3 with an RBI double Sunday for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in his first rehab game. He also played five innings at first base in what was Voit's first live game since suffering an oblique strain last month. The 30-year-old is expected back with the Yankees by the end of the week. D.J. LeMahieu has been making most of the starts at first base without Voit available.
Voit is 8-for-44 (.182) with 15 strikeouts and averaging 6.2 FanDuel points per game this season. His xSLG has dropped from .584 to .317 from last season.
- Rangers' Joey Gallo scratched on Wednesday, Jason Martin to start July 28th, 2021
- Angels' Adam Eaton batting seventh on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Brewers reportedly acquire Eduardo Escobar in trade with Diamondbacks July 28th, 2021
- Brandon Marsh sitting for Angels on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Update: Arizona's Andrew Young batting sixth on Wednesday night July 28th, 2021
- Josh Fuentes operating first base for Rockies on Wednesday night July 28th, 2021
- Yankees reportedly acquire Joey Gallo in trade with Texas July 28th, 2021
- Aaron Judge scratched Wednesday for Yankees, Estevan Florial added to lineup July 28th, 2021
- Yankees' Ryan LaMarre sitting Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Aaron Judge (COVID-19) batting second in Yankees' Tuesday lineup against Rays July 27th, 2021
- Yankees' Brett Gardner sitting on Tuesday night July 27th, 2021
- Estevan Florial returns to Yankees' bench Sunday July 25th, 2021