Andrew Vaughn absent from White Sox's lineup against Pirates
Chicago White Sox left fielder Andrew Vaughn is not in the starting lineup for Wednesday afternoon's game against right-hander Chase De Jong and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Vaughn appears to be getting a breather after eight straight turns in the order. Luis Gonzalez, who the White Sox promoted from Triple-A Charlotte on Tuesday, will replace Vaughn in left field and hit eighth. Gonzalez was called up to replace Adam Eaton (hamstring) on the active roster.
numberFire’s models project Gonzalez for 10.0 FanDuel points and he has a $2,000 salary on Wednesday. Garcia ($2,100) is projected for 9.6 FanDuel points. Per our MLB Heat Map, the White Sox currently have the fourth-highest implied total (4.7 runs) in the majors on Wednesday. De Jong is registering a 20.7 strikeout percentage and 11.1 walk percentage this season.
- Yankees reportedly acquire Joey Gallo in trade with Texas July 28th, 2021
- Rangers' Joey Gallo scratched on Wednesday, Jason Martin to start July 28th, 2021
- Angels' Adam Eaton batting seventh on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Brewers reportedly acquire Eduardo Escobar in trade with Diamondbacks July 28th, 2021
- Brandon Marsh sitting for Angels on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Update: Arizona's Andrew Young batting sixth on Wednesday night July 28th, 2021
- Zack Collins on White Sox's bench versus Royals July 28th, 2021
- Brian Goodwin on White Sox's bench Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- White Sox's Gavin Sheets sitting Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Zack Collins behind the plate for Chicago on Tuesday July 27th, 2021
- Adam Engel out of White Sox's Tuesday lineup against Royals July 27th, 2021
- White Sox starting Leury Garcia at second base on Tuesday July 27th, 2021