Jonathan Lucroy joins Braves, starting Wednesday afternoon
Atlanta Braves catcher Jonathan Lucroy is in the starting lineup for Wednesday afternoon's series finale against right-hander Wil Crowe and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The Braves purchased Lucroy's contract from Triple-A Gwinnett to replace William Contreras on the active roster. Lucroy signed a minor-league deal with Atlanta in mid-May after he was released by the Washington Nationals in April. He will catch for Drew Smyly on Wednesday and hit eighth while Kevan Smith sits.
numberFire’s models project Lucroy for 8.1 FanDuel points and he has a $2,000 salary on Wednesday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Braves are currently one of only three teams in the majors on Wednesday with an implied total above 5.0 runs. Crowe is registering a 20.0 strikeout percentage with a 10.9 walk percentage this season.
- Ryan McKenna starting for Orioles Monday September 20th, 2021
- Orioles leave Cedric Mullins off Monday lineup September 20th, 2021
- Andrew Knizner riding pine for St. Louis Monday September 20th, 2021
- Yadier Molina catching for Cardinals Monday September 20th, 2021
- Isaac Paredes starting for Detroit Monday September 20th, 2021
- Kevin Kiermaier starting for Rays Monday September 20th, 2021
- Joc Pederson leading off for Braves on Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Eddie Rosario batting sixth for Braves on Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Atlanta's Guillermo Heredia in center field on Saturday September 18th, 2021
- Eddie Rosario out of Atlanta's Saturday lineup September 18th, 2021
- Rockies-Braves postponed Thursday due to weather September 16th, 2021
- Travis d'Arnaud taking seat Thursday afternoon for Atlanta September 16th, 2021