Miguel Cabrera taking seat Wednesday for Tigers versus Twins
Detroit Tigers designated hitter/first baseman Miguel Cabrera is not in the starting lineup for Wednesday afternoon's series finale against left-hander J.A. Happ and the Minnesota Twins.
The 38-year-old veteran is taking a breather after playing in back-to-back extra-innings games. Cabrera hit a two-run homer in an extra-innings loss in Monday's series opener, and then on Tuesday, he went 2-for-4 with a double and a go-ahead RBI single in an 11-inning victory. Eric Haase is batting cleanup as the Tigers' designated hitter on Wednesday while Harold Castro plays first base and hits eighth. Grayson Greiner is catching for Willy Peralta and hitting ninth.
numberFire’s models project Haase for 11.4 FanDuel points and he has a $2,600 salary on Wednesday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Tigers have an implied total of 5.0 runs. Happ is registering career-lows in xSLG (.503) and wOBA (.376) this season, and the left-hander ranks in the bottom sixth percentile of qualified pitchers in both categories.
- Minnesota's Byron Buxton leading off on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Pedro Severino sitting Thursday for Orioles September 23rd, 2021
- Trey Mancini back in Orioles' lineup Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Pat Valaika idle for Orioles against Rangers September 23rd, 2021
- Matt Vierling moving to Phillies' bench Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- J.T. Realmuto resting Thursday for Phillies September 23rd, 2021
- White Sox-Tigers matinee postponed Wednesday due to weather September 22nd, 2021
- Miguel Cabrera (back) on Tigers' sidelines for Tuesday matinee September 21st, 2021
- Willi Castro absent from Tigers' lineup versus White Sox September 21st, 2021
- Tigers' Dustin Garneau grabbing seat Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Isaac Paredes starting for Detroit Monday September 20th, 2021
- Willi Castro batting last for Tigers Monday September 20th, 2021