Dodgers landing Max Scherzer from Nationals in six-player deal
The Los Angeles Dodgers are acquiring starting pitcher Max Scherzer from the Washington Nationals in exchange for four prospects.
The Dodgers are reportedly giving up their two top prospects in Keibert Ruiz and Josiah Gray in the deal, plus Donovan Casey and right-hander Gerardo Carrillo. The Nationals are also parting ways with Trea Turner in the trade. Scherzer should be able to make his Dodgers debut next week.
Scherzer is averaging 40.2 FanDuel points per start this season while recording a 2.76 ERA and 0.89 WHIP with a 34.3 strikeout percentage and a 6.5 walk percentage. His xBA (.191) ranks in the top 10 percent of the league and his strikeout rate is in the top sixth percentile.
- David Fletcher handling second base for Los Angeles on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki behind the plate for Angels on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Max Stassi sent to Angels' bench on Thursday night September 23rd, 2021
- Danny Jansen catching for Toronto on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jason Castro not in Astros' Thursday lineup September 23rd, 2021
- Yordan Alvarez sitting for Houston on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- A.J. Pollock starting for Dodgers Thursday afternoon September 23rd, 2021
- Will Smith sitting for Dodgers versus Rockies September 23rd, 2021
- Dodgers place Cody Bellinger (rib) on injured list, Luke Raley to start on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Dodgers starting Cody Bellinger in center field on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Max Muncy batting cleanup for Dodgers on Tuesday night September 21st, 2021
- Albert Pujols out of Los Angeles' Tuesday lineup against Rockies September 21st, 2021