Willi Castro on Tigers' bench versus Boston
Detroit Tigers infielder Willi Castro is not in the starting lineup for Wednesday's game against left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez and the Boston Red Sox.
Castro went 0-for-3 with a pair of strikeouts on Tuesday, marking his fourth straight game that he struck out and failed to record a hit. Jonathan Schoop is sliding over to second base in place of Castro on Wednesday while Miguel Cabrera plays first base and Eric Haase handles the designated hitter role. Grayson Greiner is entering the lineup to bat seventh and catch for Casey Mize.
numberFire’s models project Schoop for 8.7 FanDuel points and he has a $3,500 salary on Wednesday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Tigers have an implied total of 4.1 runs. Rodriguez is registering a 27.9 strikeout percentage with a 6.5 walk percentage this season.
- David Fletcher handling second base for Los Angeles on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki behind the plate for Angels on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Max Stassi sent to Angels' bench on Thursday night September 23rd, 2021
- Danny Jansen catching for Toronto on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jason Castro not in Astros' Thursday lineup September 23rd, 2021
- Yordan Alvarez sitting for Houston on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- White Sox-Tigers matinee postponed Wednesday due to weather September 22nd, 2021
- Miguel Cabrera (back) on Tigers' sidelines for Tuesday matinee September 21st, 2021
- Willi Castro absent from Tigers' lineup versus White Sox September 21st, 2021
- Tigers' Dustin Garneau grabbing seat Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Isaac Paredes starting for Detroit Monday September 20th, 2021
- Willi Castro batting last for Tigers Monday September 20th, 2021