Jeff McNeil joining Mets' bench Tuesday
New York Mets left fielder Jeff McNeil is not in the starting lineup for Tuesday's series opener against left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez and the Boston Red Sox.
McNeil went 2-for-3 with a solo home run and a pair of runs scored in the Mets' last outing, but he's taking a seat Tuesday for an apparent breather. Kevin Pillar is replacing McNeil in left field and hitting seventh.
numberFire’s models project Pillar for 10.7 FanDuel points and he has a $2,400 salary on Tuesday’s slate. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Mets have an implied total of 4.5 runs. Rodriguez is registering a 27.1 strikeout percentage and a 6.6 walk percentage this season, with a 3.67 xERA and a .293 xwOBA.
- Chas McCormick starting Tuesday for Astros in Game 1 October 26th, 2021
- Eddie Rosario hitting fifth for Braves in World Series opener October 26th, 2021
- Jorge Soler at DH, leading off for Braves in World Series Game 1 October 26th, 2021
- Matt Beaty operating first base for Dodgers on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- Albert Pujols heads to Dodgers' bench on Saturday night October 23rd, 2021
- Boston's Kevin Plawecki behind the plate on Friday October 22nd, 2021
- Mets' Luis Guillorme scratched on Sunday, José Peraza to start against Braves October 3rd, 2021
- Mets' Dominic Smith batting fifth on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Patrick Mazeika catching for Mets on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Javier Baez sitting for Mets on Saturday October 2nd, 2021
- Mets' Luis Guillorme batting eighth on Saturday October 2nd, 2021
- Michael Conforto batting third for Mets on Saturday October 2nd, 2021