Willie Calhoun on Rangers' bench Thursday
Texas Rangers outfielder Willie Calhoun is not in the starting lineup for Thursday's series opener against left-hander Zac Lowther and the Baltimore Orioles.
Calhoun is taking a seat after starting in left field the last two games. D.J. Peters is moving to left while Leody Taveras returns to the lineup to play center field and bat leadoff.
numberFire’s models project Peters for 14.9 FanDuel points and he has a $2,400 salary on Thursday’s slate, making him our top point-per-dollar value among active hitters. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Rangers have an implied total of 4.7 runs. Through Lowther's first 19 2/3 innings in the majors, the rookie is registering a 19.4 strikeout percentage and an 11.2 walk percentage, with a 9.61 ERA and 1.83 WHIP.
- Matt Beaty operating first base for Dodgers on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- Albert Pujols heads to Dodgers' bench on Saturday night October 23rd, 2021
- Boston's Kevin Plawecki behind the plate on Friday October 22nd, 2021
- Astros starting Chas McCormick in center on Friday night October 22nd, 2021
- Albert Pujols operating first base for Los Angeles on Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- A.J. Pollock hitting fifth in Dodgers' Game 5 Thursday lineup October 21st, 2021
- Jonah Heim sitting Sunday for Rangers October 3rd, 2021
- Brock Holt sitting for Rangers Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Leody Taveras sitting for Rangers Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Nick Solak batting seventh for Rangers Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Jose Trevino catching Sunday for Rangers October 3rd, 2021
- DJ Peters starting for Rangers Sunday October 3rd, 2021