Pirates sign Justin Masterson to minors deal
The Pittsburgh Pirates signed pitcher Justin Masterson to a minor league contract.
Another reclamation project for Pirates' pitching coach Ray Searage. Masterson registered an ugly 5.61 ERA in 18 appearances last season for the Boston Red Sox, and he had a 5.88 ERA between the St. Louis Cardinals and Cleveland Indians in 2014. He'll head to Triple-A Indianapolis initially.
Masterson had a SIERA of 4.36 last season, which was the highest of his career, in 18 appearances. His strikeout percentage of 18.0 percent last year was below his career average of 19.2 percent.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale has left flexor strain March 5th, 2020
- Red Sox' Xander Bogaerts (ankle) makes spring debut on Wednesday March 4th, 2020
- Boston to get another opinion on Chris Sale (elbow) March 4th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale (sore elbow) undergoing MRI March 3rd, 2020
- Chris Sale (elbow, illness) starting season on Red Sox IL February 27th, 2020