Andrelton Simmons absent from Cubs' Tuesday lineup
Chicago Cubs infielder Andrelton Simmons is not in the starting lineup for Tuesday's game against right-hander J.T. Brubaker and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Ildemaro Vargas is replacing Simmons at shortstop and hitting ninth. Simmons has only made one start in three games since returning from the injured list.
numberFire’s models project Vargas for 6.9 FanDuel points on Tuesday, and he has a $2,000 salary. Per our MLB Heat Map, Brubaker is registering a 24.3% strikeout rate and an 11.8% walk rate this season.
- Dodgers' Chris Taylor suffers fractured foot July 5th, 2022
- Gavin Lux starting Tuesday for Los Angeles July 5th, 2022
- Jake Lamb starting for Dodgers Tuesday night July 5th, 2022
- Max Muncy in Dodgers' Tuesday lineup July 5th, 2022
- Hanser Alberto not in Dodgers' lineup Tuesday night July 5th, 2022
- Trayce Thompson not in Dodgers' Tuesday lineup July 5th, 2022
- Christopher Morel sitting for Cubs on Tuesday July 5th, 2022
- Willson Contreras (hamstring) sidelined Tuesday for Cubs July 5th, 2022
- David Bote in Cubs' lineup on Monday July 4th, 2022
- Yan Gomes starting for Chicago on Monday July 4th, 2022
- Seiya Suzuki (finger) activated, starting for Cubs on Monday July 4th, 2022
- Alfonso Rivas sitting for Chicago on Monday July 4th, 2022