Mitch Garver (elbow) active, starting Thursday for Rangers
Texas Rangers catcher Mitch Garver (elbow) is in the starting lineup for Thursday's series opener against left-hander Framber Valdez and the Houston Astros.
The Rangers reinstated Garver from the 10-day injured list on Thursday after a minimum stay due to a right flexor sprain. He is serving as the designated hitter in his first game and batting sixth. Brad Miller is idle after starting at DH on Wednesday and Jonah Heim is at catcher again. Nick Solak was optioned to Triple-A Round Rock in a corresponding roster move with Garver's activation.
numberFire’s models project Garver for 9.4 FanDuel points on Thursday, and he has a $2,500 salary. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Rangers have the second-lowest implied total (3.32) in the majors on Thursday.
- Dodgers' Chris Taylor suffers fractured foot July 5th, 2022
- Gavin Lux starting Tuesday for Los Angeles July 5th, 2022
- Jake Lamb starting for Dodgers Tuesday night July 5th, 2022
- Max Muncy in Dodgers' Tuesday lineup July 5th, 2022
- Hanser Alberto not in Dodgers' lineup Tuesday night July 5th, 2022
- Trayce Thompson not in Dodgers' Tuesday lineup July 5th, 2022
- Brad Miller batting ninth for Texas on Tuesday July 5th, 2022
- Rangers' Kole Calhoun batting fifth on Tuesday July 5th, 2022
- Jonah Heim catching for Texas on Tuesday July 5th, 2022
- Rangers' Jonah Heim sitting versus Orioles Monday July 4th, 2022
- Rangers list Meibrys Viloria at catcher Monday July 4th, 2022
- Kole Calhoun sitting Monday for Rangers July 4th, 2022