Jorge Mateo joining Baltimore bench Monday
Baltimore Orioles infielder Jorge Mateo is not in the starting lineup for Monday's series opener against right-hander Corey Kluber and the Tampa Bay Rays.
Mateo extended his hitting streak to six games in Sunday's shutout loss to the New York Yankees, but he is getting a breather a day later. Jonathan Arauz is replacing Mateo at shortstop and in the nine-hole.
Arauz has a $2,000 salary on Monday and numberFire’s models project him for the fewest FanDuel points (4.6) on the board among hitters. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Orioles’ implied total (4.13) is 15th out of 24 active teams.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Blue Jays-Orioles postponed due to inclement weather on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Rougned Odor omitted from Orioles' Tuesday lineup October 4th, 2022
- Orioles' Kyle Stowers sitting Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Ryan Mountcastle on Baltimore bench Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Austin Hays absent for Orioles on Monday October 3rd, 2022
- Rougned Odor on second base Monday for Orioles October 3rd, 2022