Yankees trade Jordan Montgomery to St. Louis for Harrison Bader today
The New York Yankees have traded starting pitcher Jordan Montgomery to the St. Louis Cardinals.
In a surprising trade deadline move, the Yankees have shipped off a reliable starter in Montgomery in exchange for a currently injured Harrison Bader (he's on the injured list due to plantar fasciitis). With an eye on the postseason, New York has a lot of use cases for someone as skilled defensively and speedy on the bases like Bader. As for the Cardinals, they desperately needed pitching help, and that's what Montgomery will provide.
In 114.2 innings pitched, Montgomery has a 3-3 record with a 3.69 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 97 strikeouts and 23 walks.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Juan Yepez operating right field in St. Louis' Saturday Wild Card Game 2 lineup October 8th, 2022
- Cardinals bench Dylan Carlson on Saturday October 8th, 2022
- Alec Burleson left off Cardinals' Wild Card roster October 7th, 2022
- Corey Dickerson in left field for St. Louis on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Paul Goldschmidt sent to Cardinals' bench on Wednesday afternoon October 5th, 2022
- Cardinals rest Albert Pujols on Wednesday October 5th, 2022