Whit Merrifield resting for Blue Jays in Game 1 Monday
The Toronto Blue Jays did not list Whit Merrifield in their starting lineup for Monday's first game against the Baltimore Orioles.
Merrifield will start Monday's doubleheader on the sidelines while George Springer takes over in centerfield and bats leadoff against the Orioles.
Merrifield is projected to make 110 more plate appearances this season, with 2 home runs, 14 runs, 10 RBI, 5 stolen bases, and a .263 batting average.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Santiago Espinal in Blue Jays' Saturday lineup for Wild Card Game 2 October 8th, 2022
- Raimel Tapia not in Blue Jays' Wild Card Game 2 lineup Saturday October 8th, 2022
- Alejandro Kirk cleaning up for Blue Jays in Wild Card opener October 7th, 2022
- Blue Jays-Orioles postponed due to inclement weather on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Matt Chapman sitting for Blue Jays on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Danny Jansen batting fourth for Blue Jays on Tuesday October 4th, 2022