Paul Goldschmidt sent to Cardinals' bench on Wednesday afternoon
St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Paul Goldschmidt is not starting in Wednesday's lineup against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Goldschmidt was given a breather after Lars Nootbaar was named Wednesday's designated hitter, Alec Burleson was shifted to right field, and Corey Dickerson was aligned in left.
Per Baseball Savant on 424 batted balls this season, Goldschmidt has accounted for a 11.6% barrel rate and a .367 expected weighted on-base average.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Juan Yepez operating right field in St. Louis' Saturday Wild Card Game 2 lineup October 8th, 2022
- Cardinals bench Dylan Carlson on Saturday October 8th, 2022
- Alec Burleson left off Cardinals' Wild Card roster October 7th, 2022
- Corey Dickerson in left field for St. Louis on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Paul Goldschmidt sent to Cardinals' bench on Wednesday afternoon October 5th, 2022
- Cardinals rest Albert Pujols on Wednesday October 5th, 2022