Pirates' Mark Melancon earns his 15th save of the season
Pittsburgh Pirates closer Mark Melancon earned his 15th save of the season Monday in the Pirates' defeat of the Colorado Rockies.
Melancon was called on in the top of the ninth inning after Jared Hughes had allowed two baserunners. Melancon gave up a run on a DJ LeMahieu sacrifice fly, but that run was charged to Hughes and the Pittsburgh closer induced a game-ending flyout from Ryan Raburn moments later. Melancon has a 2.33 ERA in 19 1/3 innings this season, and he's 15-for-16 in save opportunities.
Despite the low ERA, Melancon owns a much higher 4.23 xFIP and his 19.0 strikeout percentage would be a new career worst. However, our models currently project him to record a 2.23 ERA, a 22.3 strikeout percentage, and 26 saves over the remaining course of the season.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Matt Joyce out of Atlanta's Game 5 lineup October 9th, 2019
- Atlanta's Adam Duvall batting sixth on Wednesday October 9th, 2019
- Adam Duvall may start for Braves Wednesday in NLDS Game 5 October 8th, 2019
- Braves deploying the same lineup in Monday's NLDS Game 4 October 7th, 2019
- Brian McCann behind Braves' bag again Friday in Game 2 October 4th, 2019
- Braves' Rafael Ortega sitting Thursday October 3rd, 2019