Gerrit Cole confirmed for Yankees on Opening Day
New York Yankees pitcher Gerrit Cole has been named the Opening Day starter against the San Francisco Giants.
The Yankees confirmed what was widely expected. The 32-year-old right-hander led the majors with 257 strikeouts (32.4%) last season while posting a 3.50 ERA and 1.02 WHIP over 200 2/3 innings.
numberFire's models project Cole to score 35.4 FanDuel points on Opening Day. He's expected to record a 3.23 ERA and 1.04 WHIP over the course of the season, with 252 strikeouts and 50 walks.
- Colorado's Alan Trejo operating second base on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Harold Castro left on Colorado's bench on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Austin Wynns catching for Rockies on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Rockies rest Kris Bryant on Wednesday night May 31st, 2023
- Taylor Trammell taking over designated hitting duties for Seattle on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Kolten Wong operating second base for Mariners on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Yankees starting Kyle Higashioka at catcher on Wednesday night May 31st, 2023
- Jose Trevino (hamstring) starting behind the plate for Yankees on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Greg Allen in center field for New York on Tuesday night May 30th, 2023
- Yankees starting Anthony Volpe at shortstop on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Yankees place Harrison Bader (hamstring) on 10-day injured list on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Anthony Rizzo (neck) not in Yankees' Monday lineup May 29th, 2023