Dodgers designate Carl Crawford for assignment
The Los Angeles Dodgers designated outfielder Carl Crawford for assignment.
Crawford is still owed about $35 million through the end of next season, and it appears the Dodgers are prepared to eat the remainder of that deal. He's batted .271/.310/.407 and played 130 games just once since signing a seven-year, $142 million contract.
The 34-year-old outfielder is hitting only .185/.230/.235 across 87 plate appearances this season and has had trouble staying on the field the last few years. He has no homers and only six RBIs on the year.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Clayton Kershaw gives up back-to-back homers in relief as Dodgers are eliminated October 10th, 2019
- Dodgers' Enrique Hernandez in left field on Wednesday October 9th, 2019
- Gavin Lux heads to the Dodgers' bench on Wednesday October 9th, 2019
- Will Smith catching for the Dodgers in Monday's Game 4 October 7th, 2019
- Dodgers' Matt Beaty starting in NLDS Game 4 Monday October 7th, 2019
- A.J. Pollock sitting for the Dodgers Monday in NLDS Game 4 October 7th, 2019