Indians option Cody Anderson to Triple-A
The Cleveland Indians optioned starting pitcher Cody Anderson to Triple-A Columbus.
Anderson came up for a Tuesday spot start while Danny Salazar works his way through shoulder fatigue. He allowed six runs on seven hits in 3 2/3 innings and will return to the minors to try to reboot his season. He will likely see future work with the Indians as the season unfolds, but the numbers to this point have not been encouraging.
In 11 starts prior to Wednesday's roster move, Anderson held a 7.48 ERA, 1.64 WHIP and 18.46 percent strikeout rate over 43 1/3 innings.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Carlos Santana starting on Sunday for Indians September 29th, 2019
- Jordan Luplow sitting on Sunday for Cleveland September 29th, 2019
- Cleveland's Yasiel Puig receives Saturday off September 28th, 2019
- Cleveland's Franmil Reyes in right field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Indians' Carlos Santana sitting on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Indians' Jordan Luplow hitting third on Saturday September 28th, 2019