Chris Parmelee headed to Yankees' disabled list with strained hamstring
The New York Yankees placed first baseman Chris Parmelee on the 15-day disabled list with a strained hamstring.
This was expected. Parmelee suffered the injury while making a stretch for a throw at first base on Thursday and after the game, manager Joe Girardi said that he would be "completely shocked" if Parmelee avoided the disabled list. Rob Refsnyder figures to see the majority of at-bats in Parmelee's place, though Nick Swisher (currently at Triple-A) is another potential option. Mark Teixeira remains out of the picture with a knee injury.
Parmelee has just eight plate appearances this season, but has hit two home runs in them. He posted a .295 wOBA in 102 plate appearances with the Baltimore Orioles in 2015, and owns a .316 wOBA in 1,011 career plate appearances in the big leagues.
- Eric Hosmer batting fifth in Padres' Saturday lineup September 25th, 2021
- San Diego's Victor Caratini catching on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Cal Raleigh catching for Mariners on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Seattle's Jake Fraley in left field on Saturday night September 25th, 2021
- Cincinnati's Joey Votto (knee) scratched on Saturday, Tyler Stephenson batting cleanup September 25th, 2021
- Yonny Hernandez operating third base for Texas on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rougned Odor starting at third base for Yankees on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Gary Sanchez behind the plate for New York on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Yankees' DJ LeMahieu resting on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- New York's Luke Voit receives a breather on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Yankees' Anthony Rizzo hitting second on Friday night September 24th, 2021
- Gary Sanchez sitting Wednesday for Yankees September 22nd, 2021