Tampa Bay's Mikie Mahtook diagnosed with fractured left hand
Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Mikie Mahtook was diagnosed with a fractured left hand.
Mahtook was hit by a pitch in his hand during the second inning of Monday's contest, and this is certainly not what he wanted to hear. We should know more Tuesday, but the early assumption is he will be shelved for an extended period of time. Considering their injury woes in the outfield, the Rays may be inclined to welcome Carl Crawford back to Tampa Bay after all.
Mahtook hasn't done much this season, recording a .154/.200/.185 slash with three RBI's and only two extra base-hits (a pair of doubles) in 70 appearances at the plate.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Willi Castro starting for Tigers in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Grayson Greiner catching for Detroit Sunday afternoon September 29th, 2019
- Jeimer Candelario out of Tigers' lineup versus White Sox September 29th, 2019
- Miguel Cabrera at DH Sunday for Tigers in finale September 29th, 2019
- Detroit's Christin Stewart batting cleanup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Tigers' Grayson Greiner catching on Saturday September 28th, 2019