Austin Wells absent for Yankees Thursday
New York Yankees catcher Austin Wells is not in the lineup for Thursday's series finale against right-hander Jose Berrios and the Toronto Blue Jays.
Wells hit his first big-league homer on Wednesday night, but he will take a seat for Thursday's finale. Ben Rortvedt will catch for Gerrit Cole and bat ninth.
Per numberFire's MLB Heat Map, the Yankees' implied total is a deflated 3.74 and the game total is a pitcher-friendly 7.0. Berrios has a strong walk rate (6.7%) and hard-hit rate (35.3%) this season, with a mediocre strikeout rate (22.9%).
- Arizona's Evan Longoria taking over third base in Wednesday's World Series Game 5 matchup November 1st, 2023
- Rangers take Adolis Garcia (oblique) and Max Scherzer (back) off World Series roster October 31st, 2023
- Rangers starting Travis Jankowski in right field on Tuesday October 31st, 2023
- Adolis Garcia (side) out of Rangers' Tuesday World Series Game 4 lineup October 31st, 2023
- Diamondbacks starting Emmanuel Rivera at third base in Tuesday's World Series Game 4 matchup October 31st, 2023
- Arizona's Alek Thomas taking over center field in Friday's World Series Game 1 matchup October 27th, 2023
- Jake Bauers riding pine for Yankees Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa starting Sunday for Yankees October 1st, 2023
- Yankees' Aaron Judge not in lineup Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Austin Wells catching for Yankees Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Gleyber Torres not in Yankees' lineup Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Anthony Volpe hitting second for Yankees Sunday October 1st, 2023