Rays place Alex Colome on disabled list
The Tampa Bay Rays placed pitcher Alex Colome on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 19, with right biceps tendinitis.
The summer of injuries continues for the Rays. Colome is the latest victim, so hopefully for Tampa he doesn't need to be out very long. Manager Kevin Cash said he is likely going with a close by committee while Colome is on the DL. That means Xavier Cedeno could get some looks in the ninth.
Brad Boxberger has been out most of the season, so Colome has filled in admirably, posting a 1.76 ERA and a 31.2 strikeout rate over 30 2/3 innings. He has 19 saves on the season.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Yoan Moncada starting for Chicago on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Leury Garcia not in Chicago's Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Chicago's Welington Castillo starting behind the plate on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Eloy Jimenez starting on Friday for White Sox September 27th, 2019
- Daniel Palka sitting on Friday for White Sox in Game 1 September 27th, 2019
- Leury Garcia in Chicago's Friday lineup September 27th, 2019