Twins targeting Joe Blanton and Boone Logan
The Minnesota Twins are targeting free agent relievers Joe Blanton and Boone Logan, LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports.
Blanton is probably the best free agent reliever remaining on this market. Neal says the Twins also want to add a bat before they head to spring training, but a new bullpen piece seems to be the top priority here in late January.
Blanton registered a 2.48 ERA (4.15 xFIP), 25.4 percent strikeout rate, and 8.3 percent walk rate across 80 innings last season with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Logan spent the last three years with the Colorado Rockies, with his control declining every season. He still had a 30.5 percent strikeout rate in 2016, but also had an atrocious 10.7 walk percentage to go with a 3.69 ERA (3.37 xFIP).
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019