White Sox place James Shields (lat) on 10-day disabled list
The Chicago White Sox have placed starting pitcher James Shields on the 10-day disabled list with a strained right lat muscle.
It is unclear when the injury occurred as Shields last pitched on Sunday. With him on the shelf, Mike Pelfrey has been called up from Triple-A to fill in for Shields, who is likely to miss at least two starts.
Shields has started off the season well, posting a 1.62 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, and 16 strikeouts in 16 2/3 innings pitched.
- Oakland's Starling Marte batting second on Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Athletics starting Mitch Moreland in Thursday's lineup against Angels July 29th, 2021
- Trent Grisham in center field for San Diego on Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Adam Frazier heads to San Diego's bench on Thursday night July 29th, 2021
- Eric Hosmer hitting sixth in Padres' Thursday lineup against Colorado July 29th, 2021
- Kevin Plawecki sitting Thursday for Boston July 29th, 2021
- White Sox's Seby Zavala sitting Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Jose Abreu (neck) on White Sox's sidelines Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Tim Anderson taking seat Thursday afternoon for White Sox July 29th, 2021
- Brian Goodwin batting sixth for White Sox Thursday afternoon July 29th, 2021
- Zack Collins on White Sox's bench versus Royals July 28th, 2021
- Brian Goodwin on White Sox's bench Wednesday July 28th, 2021