Padres leaving their options open for ninth-inning duties
San Diego Padres manager Andy Green said Monday that Brad Hand, Phil Maton, and Kirby Yates will be in the mix for saves following the trade of Brandon Maurer to the Kansas City Royals.
Green added that Carter Capps is also "definitely in the conversation," suggesting that the 26-year-old right-hander could get the call-up from Triple-A El Paso to handle things in the ninth for San Diego. Hand is a trade candidate, so his value is a bit more volatile from a fantasy perspective, but Maton, Yates, and Capps are all worth the add.
Hands owns a 2.12 ERA in 51 innings this season, while Maton has turned in a 3.63 RA (17 1/3 innings), and Yates is at a 2.23 ERA (32 1/3 innings). Capps has twirled a 2.57 ERA (21 innings) for Fresno.
- Angels' David Fletcher 'could grab some games in the outfield' February 16th, 2020
- Pirates' Gregory Polanco (shoulder) 'healthy' after completing rehab February 16th, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) participates in Sunday's on-field activities February 16th, 2020
- Atlanta's Cole Hamels (shoulder) 'at least a few weeks away from being cleared to throw' February 16th, 2020
- Padres want Jurickson Profar 'concentrated at second base' during spring training February 16th, 2020
- Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) swinging off tee, targeting Opening Day return February 15th, 2020
- Indians' Mike Clevinger (knee) out 6-to-8 weeks February 15th, 2020
- Cleveland's Mike Clevinger scheduled for surgery after suffering left knee injury February 14th, 2020
- Indians officially sign Domingo Santana to one-year contract on Friday February 14th, 2020
- Carlos Santana starting on Sunday for Indians September 29th, 2019
- Jordan Luplow sitting on Sunday for Cleveland September 29th, 2019
- Cleveland's Yasiel Puig receives Saturday off September 28th, 2019