Trevor Cahill (shoulder) placed on Royals' disabled list
Kansas City Royals pitcher Trevor Cahill has been placed on the 10-day disabled list with a right shoulder impingement.
This comes a day after an ugly outing for Cahill in which he surrendered 3 runs on 4 hits while walking 5 over just 2 1/3 innings. In three starts since being acquired from the San Diego Padres before the deadline, the 29-year-old right-hander has struggled to an 8.18 ERA. He recorded a 3.69 ERA across 11 starts for San Diego prior to the deal. The Royals recalled Kevin McCarthy from Triple-A Omaha in a correlated move.
Without yet accounting for the absence, numberFire's models project Cahill to twirl a 4.24 ERA, 1.45 WHIP, and 19.2 strikeout percentage in 29 2/3 innings over the remainder of the season.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Tommy La Stella starting on Sunday for Los Angeles September 29th, 2019
- Kevan Smith not in Angels' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Angels' Brian Goodwin hitting second on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Kevan Smith catching for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Angels' Taylor Ward in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Jared Walsh starting at first base for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019