Cardinals' Trevor Rosenthal to undergo Tommy John surgery
St. Louis Cardinals reliever Trevor Rosenthal will undergo Tommy John surgery next week.
Rosenthal injured his right elbow on August 16. The 27-year-old right-hander will be on the shelf until at least next September. Seung Hwan Oh is the likely favorite for ninth-inning work in St. Louis moving forward, but he was replaced by Tyler Lyons in the eighth inning on Wednesday after allowing a single and a triple. John Brebbia could also be an option for the Cardinals.
Rosenthal turned in a 3.40 ERA (2.53 xFIP) and 1.20 WHIP over 50 appearances and 47 2/3 innings in 2017 while posting a career-best 37.6 percent strikeout rate. He was 11-for-13 on save opportunities.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion returns to the Yankees' lineup on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton sitting on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion sitting for New York in ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (quad) returns to the lineup for ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton (quad) still sidelined for Yankees in ALCS Game 4 October 17th, 2019
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka starting in Thursday's Game 4 against Houston October 16th, 2019