White Sox' Carlos Rodon scratched from Thursday's start with shoulder stiffness
Chicago White Sox pitcher Carlos Rodon was a late-scratch from Thursday's start against the Cleveland Indians due to left shoulder stiffness.
The White Sox named Mike Pelfrey the starter instead just before first pitch. Rodon didn't make his season debut until June 28 after dealing with bursitis in his left biceps, and Chicago will likely take a conservative approach with the 24-year-old left-hander.
In 12 starts this season, Rodon has gone 2-5 while posting a 4.15 ERA, 1.37 WHIP, and 25.6 strikeout percentage across 69 1/3 innings.
- Yankees reportedly acquire Joey Gallo in trade with Texas July 28th, 2021
- Rangers' Joey Gallo scratched on Wednesday, Jason Martin to start July 28th, 2021
- Angels' Adam Eaton batting seventh on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Brewers reportedly acquire Eduardo Escobar in trade with Diamondbacks July 28th, 2021
- Brandon Marsh sitting for Angels on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Update: Arizona's Andrew Young batting sixth on Wednesday night July 28th, 2021
- Zack Collins on White Sox's bench versus Royals July 28th, 2021
- Brian Goodwin on White Sox's bench Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- White Sox's Gavin Sheets sitting Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Zack Collins behind the plate for Chicago on Tuesday July 27th, 2021
- Adam Engel out of White Sox's Tuesday lineup against Royals July 27th, 2021
- White Sox starting Leury Garcia at second base on Tuesday July 27th, 2021