Giants' Mark Melancon still 'feeling something' in his arm
San Francisco Giants reliever Mark Melancon is still "feeling something" in his right arm, according to Alex Pavlovic of NBC Sports Bay Area.
Pavlovic adds that the Giants aren't sure if Melancon will be ready for Opening Day. Turning 33 on Wednesday, the right-hander has been dealing with lingering issues all spring after undergoing surgery last September. Sam Dyson, Tony Watson, and Hunter Strickland could all compete for closing duties if Melancon is forced to start the year on the disabled list.
Without knowing the extent of the problem, numberFire's models project Melancon to record a 2.73 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 21.9 strikeout percentage with 26 saves across 59 1/3 innings this season.
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (calf) could miss start of season February 26th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) scratched Thursday February 26th, 2020
- Paul Goldschmidt (elbow) on first Wednesday for Cardinals February 26th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale (elbow, illness) throws BP session February 26th, 2020
- Royals' Salvador Perez (elbow) to play catcher Thursday February 26th, 2020
- Mets' J.D. Davis' shoulder MRI negative February 26th, 2020
- Braves' Julio Teheran (hamstring) to debut by Monday February 26th, 2020
- Freddie Freeman (elbow) back for Braves next week February 26th, 2020
- Atlanta's Cole Hamels (shoulder) 'at least a few weeks away from being cleared to throw' February 16th, 2020
- Matt Joyce out of Atlanta's Game 5 lineup October 9th, 2019
- Atlanta's Adam Duvall batting sixth on Wednesday October 9th, 2019
- Adam Duvall may start for Braves Wednesday in NLDS Game 5 October 8th, 2019