Giants' Sam Dyson and Hunter Strickland 'chief candidates' to fill in at closer
San Francisco Giants relief pitchers Sam Dyson and Hunter Strickland are the "chief candidates" to fill the team's closer role.
Mark Melancon (forearm) was placed on the disabled list, so it's unknown how long he'll be out as he deals with lingering complications from offseason surgery. Dyson accounted for 14 saves to Strickland's 1 a season ago. However, Dyson struggled through the spring. Tony Watson is the only other option to fill in for the time being.
While our models project Dyson for 5 saves and a 3.66 ERA in 2018, they have Strickland down for a 3.34 ERA but without a save in 62 innings.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Twins' Jake Cave starting Saturday in Game 2 October 5th, 2019
- C.J. Cron sitting Saturday for Minnesota October 5th, 2019
- Max Kepler (shoulder) starting for Twins in Game 1 Friday October 4th, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez (oblique) starting ALDS Game 1 for Minnesota October 4th, 2019
- Nelson Cruz at DH Friday for Twins in Game 1 October 4th, 2019
- Eddie Rosario in Twins' Game 1 lineup versus Yankees October 4th, 2019