MRI on Giants' Mark Melancon shows forearm inflammation
Per NBC Sports' Alex Pavlovic, San Francisco Giants relief pitcher Mark Melancon has inflammation in the flexor tendon of his right forearm.
Melancon was placed on the DL earlier today, and he could be out for a while. He admitted to pitching through pain this spring, but it became much greater when he pitched back to back days. He's receiving treatment and will see a specialist in Los Angeles. While he's out, Sam Dyson and Hunter Strickland will fight for closing duties.
We have Melancon projected for 26 saves and a 2.73 ERA in 59.4 innings this season.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Matt Joyce out of Atlanta's Game 5 lineup October 9th, 2019
- Atlanta's Adam Duvall batting sixth on Wednesday October 9th, 2019
- Adam Duvall may start for Braves Wednesday in NLDS Game 5 October 8th, 2019
- Braves deploying the same lineup in Monday's NLDS Game 4 October 7th, 2019
- Brian McCann behind Braves' bag again Friday in Game 2 October 4th, 2019
- Braves' Rafael Ortega sitting Thursday October 3rd, 2019