Giants send Austin Slater back to Triple-A Sacramento
San Francisco Giants second outfielder Austin Slater was optioned to Triple-A Sacramento.
Slater owns a blistering .358/.435/.642 slash in the minors this season but managed to go just 2-for-10 (.200) with 3 walks and 4 strikeouts during a brief five-game stint with the Giants. Will Smith (elbow) has been activated off the disabled list and rejoined the bullpen in a corresponding roster move.
Slater averaged 4.2 FanDuel points per game.
- Cashman: Yankees recommend Tommy John surgery for Luis Severino (elbow) February 25th, 2020
- Julio Urias will start 2020 season in Dodgers' rotation February 22nd, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (shoulder) 'dealing with crankiness and soreness' February 18th, 2020
- Kevin Pillar riding pine for Giants in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Crawford starting for Giants in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Belt on first as Giants finish season versus Dodgers September 29th, 2019
- Giants' Joey Rickard starting in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jaylin Davis in right field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Buster Posey returns to San Francisco's lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019