Yankees put Jordan Montgomery (elbow) on the 10-day disabled list
The New York Yankees placed starting pitcher Jordan Montgomery on the 10-day disabled list with a left elbow strain.
Montgomery was pulled from the game after only one inning on Tuesday after experiencing discomfort in his elbow. He is scheduled to meet with Yankees doctors on Wednesday, so we should get a better idea of a timeline then. The Yankees signed David Hale in a corresponding move.
Before going down with injury, our models projected Montgomery for a 4.38 ERA and 1.28 WHIP with 77 strikeouts over 86.4 innings remaining this season.
- Angels' David Fletcher 'could grab some games in the outfield' February 16th, 2020
- Pirates' Gregory Polanco (shoulder) 'healthy' after completing rehab February 16th, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) participates in Sunday's on-field activities February 16th, 2020
- Atlanta's Cole Hamels (shoulder) 'at least a few weeks away from being cleared to throw' February 16th, 2020
- Padres want Jurickson Profar 'concentrated at second base' during spring training February 16th, 2020
- Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) swinging off tee, targeting Opening Day return February 15th, 2020
- Edwin Encarnacion returns to the Yankees' lineup on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton sitting on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion sitting for New York in ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (quad) returns to the lineup for ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton (quad) still sidelined for Yankees in ALCS Game 4 October 17th, 2019
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka starting in Thursday's Game 4 against Houston October 16th, 2019