Kenyon Middleton (elbow) lands on Angels' DL with UCL damage
Los Angeles Angeles relief pitcher Kenyon Middleton (elbow) has been placed on the 10-day DL after an MRI revealed damage to his ulnar collateral ligament.
Not good news for Middleton as the injury typically requires Tomy John surgery. He is headed for a second opinion but is likely to be on the shelf for the bulk if not all of the season. No word on who will take over closing duties but expect Cam Bedrosian, Jim Johnson, and possibly Blake Parker to be in the mix.
Middleton posted a 2.04 ERA and 1.30 WHIP with 16 strikeouts and 6 saves in 17 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Tommy La Stella starting on Sunday for Los Angeles September 29th, 2019
- Kevan Smith not in Angels' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Angels' Brian Goodwin hitting second on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Kevan Smith catching for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Angels' Taylor Ward in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Jared Walsh starting at first base for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019