Kyle Barraclough could take over as Marlins' closer
Miami Marlins manager Don Mattingly said relief pitcher Kyle Barraclough could take over the team's closer role.
Specifically, Mattingly said if current closer Brad Ziegler doesn't close it would be Barraclough with the first shot. Drew Steckenrider would also be an option if the Marlins decide to go in a different direction late in games. Ziegler blew a save on Wednesday and collected his fifth loss of the year.
In 28 appearances, Barraclough owns a 1.48 ERA and 0.99 WHIP. He has 27 strikeouts, 15 walks and 1 save in 24 1/3 innings.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Kevin Pillar riding pine for Giants in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Crawford starting for Giants in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Belt on first as Giants finish season versus Dodgers September 29th, 2019
- Giants' Joey Rickard starting in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jaylin Davis in right field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Buster Posey returns to San Francisco's lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019