Royals trade closer Kelvin Herrera to the Nationals for three minor leaguers
The Kansas City Royals have traded relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera to the Washington Nationals in exchange for minor leaguers Kelvin Gutierrez, Blake Perkins, and Yohanse Morel, per Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post.
Herrera moves to a crowded bullpen in Washington with Sean Doolittle currently acting as the team's closer. With no word of how Herrera will exactly be used, his fantasy value takes a hit as he will likely cede some save chances to Doolittle. Kevin McCarthy is expected to see take over the closer duties in Kansas City with Herrera out of the picture.
Herrera has a 1.05 ERA, 0.82 WHIP, 22 strikeouts, and 14 saves in 25 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Yoan Moncada starting for Chicago on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Leury Garcia not in Chicago's Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Chicago's Welington Castillo starting behind the plate on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Eloy Jimenez starting on Friday for White Sox September 27th, 2019
- Daniel Palka sitting on Friday for White Sox in Game 1 September 27th, 2019
- Leury Garcia in Chicago's Friday lineup September 27th, 2019