Sam Dyson tabbed to be Giants' primary fill-in at closer
San Francisco Giants reliever Sam Dyson will serve as the team's primary closer for now, manager Bruce Bochy said.
Hunter Strickland is expected to miss the next 6-8 weeks with a broken pitching hand that the right-hander suffered when he punched a door following a blown save Monday against the Miami Marlins. Dyson picked up the first save in Strickland's absence on Tuesday versus Miami and it sounds like he will be the ninth-inning man moving forward, but Mark Melancon and Tony Watson could also be involved.
Dyson has averaged 4.6 FanDuel points in 35 appearances this season while recording an impressive 2.45 ERA and 0.97 WHIP with 26 strikeouts and 10 walks across 33 innings.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Twins' Jake Cave starting Saturday in Game 2 October 5th, 2019
- C.J. Cron sitting Saturday for Minnesota October 5th, 2019
- Max Kepler (shoulder) starting for Twins in Game 1 Friday October 4th, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez (oblique) starting ALDS Game 1 for Minnesota October 4th, 2019
- Nelson Cruz at DH Friday for Twins in Game 1 October 4th, 2019
- Eddie Rosario in Twins' Game 1 lineup versus Yankees October 4th, 2019