Bud Norris felt pain during save opportunity for St. Louis on Wednesday
St. Louis Cardinals closing pitcher Bud Norris felt soreness on his right index finger during an appearance Wednesday night at the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Norris was able to pitch a clean ninth in the Cardinals' win, but he acknowledged the discomfort after the game to reporters. He has been surprisingly steady at the back end of the bullpen, earning a 2.95 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, and whopping 33.6 percent strikeout rate in 36 2/3 innings to go along with 16 saves. John Brebbia and Jordan Hicks would be obvious candidates for save opportunities if this minor issue becomes more major.
Assuming health, our models project Norris for a 2.72 ERA with a 31.6 percent strikeout rate and 7.5 percent walk rate in 33 more innings pitched this season. We peg him for 15 more saves.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (knee) out again for Blue Jays in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Breyvic Valera starting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Drury sitting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Reese McGuire heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Billy McKinney absent from Blue Jays' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019