Indians reportedly acquire Brad Hand, Adam Cimber from Padres for Francisco Mejia
The Cleveland Indians will acquire relievers Brad Hand and Adam Cimber from the San Diego Padres in exchange for catcher Francisco Mejia, reports Ken Rosenthal and Robert Murray of The Athletic.
Hand should be able to provide an upgrade to an Indians' bullpen that ranks a woeful 29th in the majors this season with a 5.28 ERA. The 28-year-old southpaw converted on 24-of-29 save chances for the Padres in the first half. Fellow relievers Andrew Miller and Cody Allen are set to hit free agency this winter, so this gives Cleveland some options moving forward. Kirby Yates is expected to take over ninth-inning work for the Padres.
Hand averaged 7.2 FanDuel points in 41 appearances during the first half and spun a 3.05 ERA with 65 strikeouts and 15 walks across 44 1/3 innings.
- Elias Diaz catching for Colorado on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Jonah Heim catching for Athletics on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Sam Hilliard sitting for Rockies on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Athletics starting Ramon Laureano in center field on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Matt Olson out of Oakland's lineup on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Brandon Crawford starting for San Francisco on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Cleveland's Oscar Mercado starting in center field on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Jordan Luplow returns to Cleveland's lineup on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Roberto Perez behind Indians' plate Monday September 21st, 2020
- Josh Naylor in left field for Indians on Monday September 21st, 2020
- Tyler Naquin starting for Indians against White Sox September 21st, 2020
- Jordan Luplow starting on Sunday for Cleveland September 20th, 2020