Carlos Martinez (shoulder) officially lands back on Cardinals' disabled list
St. Louis Cardinals starting pitcher Carlos Martinez has been placed on the 10-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain.
Martinez suffered the injury Monday in his first start back from an oblique strain, so it's possible the two are related. An MRI revealed it's only a mild strain but this is the 26-year-old right-hander's third DL stint of the season and second for a shoulder problem, so the Cardinals may decide to take a cautious approach with Martinez's return. Tyler Webb was recalled from Triple-A Memphis in a corresponding roster move.
Martinez has gone 6-6 (18 starts) while averaging 30.6 FanDuel points with a 3.41 ERA and 98 strikeouts across 100 1/3 innings this season.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk (ankle) unlikely to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2019
- Dexter Fowler on Cardinals' bench in NLCS Game 4 October 15th, 2019
- Tommy Edman leading off NLCS Game 4 for Cardinals October 15th, 2019
- Harrison Bader starting for Cardinals Tuesday in NLCS Game 4 October 15th, 2019
- Matt Carpenter not starting Monday's Game 3 for the Cardinals October 14th, 2019
- Jose Martinez starting for St. Louis in NLCS Game 3 Monday October 14th, 2019